Are you living in a house with kids? Do you often face a situation where you are using your phone and kids suddenly snatch it from your hands and start playing games? You are quite fine with it but when it comes to being compromised with your message’s security on WhatsApp, you do not want them to read your private messages. Thankfully, now you are no more required to keep phones away from your kids and worry about your privacy. How?
WhatsApp is now Available with Fingerprint or Face Unlock for IOS and Androids
Yes!!! Now you can unlock this messaging app on your phone with fingerprints or face lock. WhatsApp enabled this setting in February for IOS and now it is also available for Android phones. With this latest update, you can unlock your WhatsApp through Face ID and fingerprints. It is an added level of security that ensures that only you can access your WhatsApp on your mobile phone.
For this, there is a procedure you should follow. Let’s have a look:
For Android Devices:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the three dots on the top right corner and choose the “Settings” option.
- From the “Settings”, go to the “Account” option.
- Now, tap the “Privacy” option and click on “Fingerprint Lock”
- Now you can switch “Unlock with Fingerprint option” and confirm fingerprint.
For IOS Devices:
- The first step is to open your WhatsApp on your device
- Find the three dots on the top right corner and tap the “Setting” option.
- Now go to the “Account” option.
- Tap the “Privacy” option and choose the “Screen Lock” option.
- Now you can choose the Face ID or Touch ID by selecting the amount of time before the ID is prompted by tapping.
This is the separate step-by-step guide for IOS and Android users you have to follow. Isn’t it great? WhatsApp has announced that fingerprint lock is available for Android users and they can now add another layer of security for their WhatsApp messages. You can let the kids play games on your phone without worrying about the message’s security. All the chats and notifications you can lock by using these two IDs. You can even customize the time duration of unlocking. The options include every time, 1 minute and 30 minutes.
Why This New Feature Is Useful For Users?
Now you have the ability to lock WhatsApp and chats on your mobile phone with this added level of security. It ensures that only you are using your WhatsApp messages and gives you a guarantee that it is only you who can access your messages or person after unlocking the phone by you. For this, you are not required to register fingerprint or face again while using this feature. It depends on the biometric authentication system. Just simply follow these given steps.